Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My developing Skin Condition

When I first embarked on this journey as a female avatar last week, I had great help on my first day from my RL sister Zoe. She took me to RaC/Laqroki where I picked-up several female skins. Some of them were duplicates of her skin, but I don't want to be a clone of her. I'm finding my own look in female form.

Hence the lighter geek/goth skin I usually use as pictured below:



But of course, there they are in my inventory. Hawt tan skins. Tempting me. Must...not...use...okay I caved for 30 minutes while I was at Frank's Place - a Jazz Club.

The results?

Instant magnet!

Within 2 minutes I'm approached by this fellow who did the ol' "stand-next-to-the-avatar-you're-about-to-IM" thing. Then he did the "Reading-what's-on-my-screen" animation and promptly left after realizing who I really was.



5 minutes later I'm approached by this guy. I promptly told him about my RL, then he asked if we could just sit down and chat about shapeshifting. Nice guy actually.



Lesson Learned: Like any weapon, certain skins on certain shapes are to be used very carefully.

3 comments:

Cornelius Fanshaw said...

The look on the first guy's face is a classic!
I've found saying "hi" on voice chat often has amusing results ;-)

Qlippothic said...

Bravo for you, Miss Messmer! The Second Life is for you to try any form you wish, male, female, dragon or what have you.

I normally assume half the females I meet on the Grid have male players (until I hear voices that don't sound digitally altered). I further assume 10% of the male avatars I meet have female players. (This second part I recently added after getting a BIG shock about an old friend.)

(Speaking of which, whenever I try to find a free voice changer for the Mac to sound more robotic, I keep going in circles. Any suggestions?)

CronoCloud said...

Ha ha ha ha. Yes, certain skins do have power. Now go and get every skin demo and try them all on.

I see you've been to Luminosity too. Sigh, I miss Sol Columbia.