Monday, December 10, 2007

Verne Display at Cape Messmer

Journal of Eladrienne Laval, Rocket Lab Ass't
I fear the Professor is being remiss in his posting duties, so I shall have to tell you about the progress of Cape Messmer. Scientists I tell you! Must I do everything around this place? Oh, where are those notes? Oh my...I probably shouldn't touch that gadget over there...

Professor Messmer believes the Cape Messmer Aethernautical Labs to be a vision of what efforts and interests Victorians had in aether travel in the 19th c., whether fictional or real. We enjoy talking to the inventors who stop by to demonstrate or tell us about their latest contraptions. It is a work in progress, so there will be more to come! If you visit now, you will find a lovely telescope, an illustration based upon Edward Everett Hale's story The Brick Moon, a tiny aether-ship by Mr. Denver Hax, and my Jules Verne "From the Earth to the Moon" display--complete with a replica of the space-capsule! Soon you will be able to use it to visit the moon! The Professor is very proud of his Tartan 2 aether-rocket, which he could probably explain better than I could. Do come visit and have a look around!

No comments: