Saturday, March 15, 2008

Taking an assessment of my own Second Life

In the stark world of RL, I was forced to make a decision last week. Thursday I went to the emergency room, concerned over chest pain and numbness in my right arm and leg. Everything turned out fine and I did not need a cardiac catheterization or some such procedure -- other than resting and managing the intense stress at work and my hypertension, I was okay. But 27 hours in the hospital - away from pleasant distractions - forces one to think and reconsider priorities.

I won't elaborate on RL changes, but will outline here how I will spend time within SL.

Here's the important stuff that will continue:

Time spent with my dearest friend Elle.

Time spent with my sisters from RL who are in SL: Uhura (non-blogger) and Zoe (uber-blogger)

My home in Caledon Penzance

The Royal Caledon Air Force and my passion for flying.

My new Jazz Club in New Toulouse (I'm most at home in Taloo and have plans for more land there as it expands).

In general I'll react faster to things that are fun and dump those that are not.

And now the things that must come to a close:

My parcel rights in Steelhead Harborside will be sold. I never really knew what to do with that lot other than to have a nice skybox I could have anywhere. And from what I've heard, I'm a wanted Squirrel there anyway.

My parcel rights in Caledon Morgaine will be sold to Zoe Connolly, keeper of the aviation flame in the steampunkery world and one of my RL siblings in SL.

2 comments:

Eladrienne Laval said...

My favorite handsome flyboy...As in RL, even in SL we have to make choices that are truly best for our well-being. You know that I will always be there for you and support any decisions you make.

My SL is made so special just by your presence within it. From the moment you "stumbled" out of my shop 5 months ago, I knew. Between your calm kindness and fun sense of adventure, you are wonderful to and for me and we are going to have a fantastic time together!

Unknown said...

To paraphrase what you once said to me many weeks ago...

I've got your 6 O'clock, my brother!

Thanks for sharing your Hospital TV with me (grins). I'm so glad you're feeling better and I'll make sure you get back on your bicycle this spring.